Taking care of fish is a hobby for many, and its presence in the home within a beautiful aquarium gives the house a striking beauty and acts as a unique decoration. Although, you have to keep in mind that the fish need special conditions and environments to be able to live and grow in a healthy manner. Everyone thinks about the type of fish they’ll buy and how beautiful it looks like, but not many people think about the next step: how do you take care of the fish? We hope to answer that very question in this article.
The Location of the Fish Tank
There are a set of steps and rules that must be taken into account when choosing the place where the aquarium shall be placed so that its location is appropriate to the habitable conditions that the fish need.
- The aquarium is close to the water source; In order to fill it easily and quickly,
- Keeping the fish tank away from sunlight is important, it is necessary for the sun to directly hit the fish for a period of less than an hour each day. knowing that many types of fish never prefer sunlight, this is the safe option. Of course, there are types of fish that do like sunlight, and you need to pay attention and learn about the habitat requirements.
How to Choose the Perfect Fish Tank
Many believe that a small bowl is better for fish than a large tank, but this is simply not true. Smaller fish bowls, because the water gets muddier quicker and the fish aren’t able to move and play around freely. Therefore, it is preferable to use a large aquarium in most cases.
Same with sunlight, certain types of fish need certain types of tanks, for example, golden fish need a large aquarium, while goby fish require small bowls.
In addition, your fish tank requires some tools and accessories. For example, you need fish tank heaters to make sure the water is always an appropriate temperature and food filters to ensure the leftovers don’t pollute the water.
Also Read: 4 Ideas for Retro-Style Home Renovations
Advice When Raising Fish
If you want to make sure your fish are appropriately raised, you need to follow some advice, the most prominent of which we’ll list below:
- First of all, fix the fish tank, clean it, and make sure you place the plants and the ornaments in it.
- Fill the sink with an appropriate amount of clean, chlorine-free water, because it causes poisoning. Be sure to add some salt to the water, because it increases the immunity of fish, and thus reduces the possibility of infection with many diseases.
- After that, you carefully put the fish inside the tank and make sure they’re comfortable and have enough space to move about. You need to regularly replace the water to keep it clean and livable.