There are many advantages of using laminate flooring and there are also a few disadvantages of opting for this type of flooring. The following are some of the pros and cons of laying laminate flooring:Pros of Laminate Flooring
Source : app.azureedge.net
- One of the most important advantages of laminate flooring is that it is extremely easy to install. Laminate flooring can be installed either by experts or carpenters or can be installed by homeowners themselves following an easy step by step process laid out by the sellers or online.
Source : floorsmart.co.za
- Laminate flooring is dust resistant and scratch resistant and is much easier to clean as compared to other types of flooring. Dust and debris can easily be cleaned by a mop and different types of spillage do not cause stains on laminate flooring.
Source : i.pinimg.com
- Laminate flooring is a strong and durable type of flooring which can be used both indoors and outdoors and does not fade over time with sunlight. There are various types of laminate flooring options available in the market. This includes laminate flooring of different colors, patterns, and styles that mimic stone patterns and wood patterns to make it look as natural as possible.
Source : illinoishomepage.biz
- One of the key advantages of laminate flooring is that it is much more affordable to buy laminate flooring than to buy wooden, ceramic, and stone or vinyl flooring. If a comparison is made between these types of flooring and laminate flooring, per square feet cost of laminate flooring is much cheaper than other flooring options mentioned above.
Source : cdn.homedit.com
- The laminate flooring is much softer to touch as compared to many other types of flooring and this flooring is warmer than ceramic and stone flooring.
Cons of Laminate Flooring
- Laminate flooring is much more affordable as compared to hardwood flooring and stone flooring and because of that it also looks cheaper and less elegant to these types of flooring.
- There are many different grades of laminate flooring available in the market. Buying a cheaper variety may be less durable and lesser grade laminate flooring can ruin easily in a few years making it a less reliable option.
Source : derbykentucky.co
- Laminate floorings and water or moisture does not work well together. This means that if standing water or moisture comes in contact with laminate flooring, it can get easily damaged or ruined. Laminate flooring water damage cannot be repaired and this type of flooring has to then be completely replaced which can be an expensive process. Hardwood flooring is easier to repair in comparison to laminate flooring.
- This type of flooring is generally not used in high-end homes or buildings as it is perceived to be loud or cheap looking. While selling a home or a building, laminate flooring is considered a drawback and it can help reduce the rate of the property in question.
Laminate flooring has retained its popularity over the years. The good quality high-grade laminate flooring is available all over the world. It is cheaper and more easy to use as compared to stone and hardwood flooring that is mimic so it is very popular as a budget option. Laminate flooring can be used in different types of rooms like kitchens, bedrooms, dens or even living rooms areas.
Laminate flooring is even used in office buildings and all sorts of spaces and there are many trendy patterns and colors available in the market.
Source : floorcareco.com
Nowadays laminate flooring ideas are getting competition from carpet as many people are carpeting the floors as it is a fashionable choice today. Generally, the laminate flooring is used to mimic wood and different shades of wooden brown color are the most popular choices in the laminate flooring.
Laminate flooring often has a layer of polish on top to make it look as elegant as possible. As mentioned above there are many pros and cons in laminate flooring and before buying this type of flooring, there should be a detailed study of all the pros and cons.