Just imagine: You go away on your weekend drive with friends leaving your furry pal in Sydney to your friend who feeds him twice and takes him for a long walk. Your friend snugs your pet inside and goes home. By chance, if your house breaks into the fire your friend will have no idea whether your pet is facing a critical situation leaving your pet with no escape. Now, think if there would have been a pet door it would at least leave a chance for your pooch to save themselves.
This write-up will provide you with useful information pertaining to doggy doors in Sydney and let you know whether they are the best option for your dog. So, let us get started.
The potential advantages of getting a dog sliding door
There are numerous reasons for dog owners to get a dog door:
Source : plexidorglass.net
- It can be that they are working all day and want their doggy to have the luxury of selecting whether they would like to explore themselves in a garden or yard. They can even stay indoors or outdoors. This way there is an extra stimulus for the dog wherein they can stroll in the garden on their own, stretch their legs and have a change of their environment and get the much-deserved break for their day.
Source : sweettaterfestival.com
- Here’s the truth: If your doggy has the habit of going to the toilet in the night too, it is possible to get dog flap and teach him/her the different ways to use it to get good night’s sleep. This way they will be able to do whatever they want to do without bothering you in the middle of the night.
Source : bellflower-themovie.com
- Small puppies and older dogs face a hard time to control their bladder for prolonged periods. The best part? If you have free access to outdoors by getting doggy doors it will eliminate the bad odours of accidents in the house.
Source : slowfoodokc.com
- By getting a dog door for your furry pal you give them an opportunity to exercise which makes them active, trim and healthy.
Source : sipsavorlodi.com
- By getting a doggy door for your furry pal you are saving scratch marks on your door especially when the pooch wants to go out or come in.
Source : foliasg.com
- By exploring the outside environment, dogs can get excellent mental stimulation which will make them feel younger and more alert.
Source : netdna-ssl.com
- Usually, it has been found that pets get bored from their routine which makes them adopt some bad habits like chewing the furniture, tearing up pillows and other forbidden things. By giving them the luxury to move at their own convenient time you are keeping them interested.
Source : australiapetdoors.com.au
- It is extremely easy to install dog doors. Even a novice will be able to do that by simply using a jigsaw and a screwdriver. It is also convenient to install dog sliding door with the help of manual instructions and cutout templates.
The Negative Things Associated with Doggy Doors
While it is true that there are lots of benefits of getting a doggy door. There are times when these doggy doors can lead to negative consequences.
Source : sof.64aoc.space
- Here’s the truth. In case you get a doggy door it might give access to your furry pal to freely move to the other side of the door. You may not want to read this, but here we go….Dogs are escape artists so when you give them a free access they may try to escape or even lead to theft of your dog.
Source : affinityglazing.com.au
- Additionally, think about what would happen if the doggy is given a free access to your garden or enclosure and someone rings the bell. If it is a child and he climbs the wall to get his cricket ball back from the garden chances are your doggy will become defensive especially when you are not around resulting in making you face the music in case your dog bites the child.
Source : superiorpetdoors.co.uk
- This surprised us: One other thing that can lead to dangerous consequence is a larger dog flap. Just imagine if your doggy unlocks the door himself it can lead to a potential security risk for your house which can make you an essential target for burglars.
Source : affinityglazing.com.au
- Here’s the truth. If you become too reliant on the dog using the doggy door it is possible to skip checking potential changes in terms of the urination and bowel movements that can cause an underlying medical problem. It can result in fewer chances of socialisation and decrease their exercise which can make them feel bored.
In the end, it has got to be said that you need to contemplate on the exact reasons before getting a doggy door in Sydney. Always remember, every doggy and household is different. Take some time to think about the decision and if you really are positive about it select the doggy door in Sydney that is best for your furry pal and the household.