Similar to the concept of tiles, pavers are installed over a base material, including gravel or limestone, combined with a layer of sand. Paver stones are cut into standardised sizes and look especially stunning outdoors, regardless of whether they are utilised for a car park or children’s playing space.
Over the years, natural stone pavers have captured the attention of the construction sector, and many people have even considered them as a luxurious flooring option. They are both beautiful and durable outdoor pavers. This article walks you through the common types of natural stone pavers in the market and how to choose the right one that fits your needs.
Common Types of Natural Stone Pavers
The following are some common types of natural paver stones available in the market.
For hundreds of years, granite has been significantly dependent upon natural stone material. Granite pavers are extremely tough and durable; the volcanic rocks are created when cooling magma confine various minerals, such as feldspar and quartz. Granite gives off a stylish look with its crystalline and sugary surface.
Moreover, granite pavers provide the following benefits:
- Supreme toughness: Granite is one of the hardest materials on the planet.
- Vibrant colours: Granite pavers come with a wide range of colours and patterns.
- Natural resistance: Granite can withstand all kinds of wear.
- Evergreen: Granite gives off a lasting look with a sense of permanency.
Travertine paver is a standard natural stone with versatility and can suit several applications. Related to the appearance of the European Renaissance and ancient Rome, travertine provides pretty much the same smooth texture as that of the marble. It also has an elegant, rustic stunning look with its natural pores, which are formed by the bubbling of carbon dioxide when mother nature created it.
Travertine is a reliable choice for both indoors and outdoors. Its advantages include:
- Superior appearance: Offers a high-end appearance for outdoors.
- Durable: Can last for hundreds of years when maintained appropriately.
- Layout option: Provide several layout choices, such as the French style, which is a conventional design option featuring interlocking natural stone pavers of many sizes.
- Colours: Offers a beautiful colour spectrum, ranging from gold to cream.
- Anti-skid surface: Because of the travertine’s uneven texture, it provides an anti-skid feature which is an excellent choice of pavers for swimming pool decks.
Slate pavers are famous for their slip-resistant feature and thus, become an excellent choice for surface near swimming pools. The slates also make superb pavers for warmer areas. In regions with frequent snowfalls, however, the slates surfaces are more prone to cracks because of the freeze-thaw impact.
Other benefits of slate pavers include:
- Durable: Slate pavers are naturally durable and suitable for hard-wearing products.
- Various sizes: They provide a variety of size options and dimensions.
- Vibrant colour: They offer a wide range of colours, including amber and gold.
- Unique appeal: They give off a rugged yet decorative appearance.
Also Read: The Best Mix For Concrete Driveways
Choosing the Right Natural Stone Pavers
To determine the best natural stone pavers that fit the customers’ needs, they need to consider several factors which include paver kits, colours and installation. They may need to hire a professional installer for smooth and error-free installation.
Natural stone pavers offer an authentic appearance and supreme durability. The typical natural stone pavers in the market, including granite, slate and travertine, provide various colour ranges, are long-lasting and versatile, which are suitable for multiple projects. The distinct beauty of natural stones also allows them to stand out among the other paver materials.
Written By: James