Architecture constitutes the art and science of building design and managing the construction of various residential and commercial buildings and other structures. Top architectural engineering services match their workflow with BIM (Building Information Modeling) for the right architectural planning and design. Project and program management services provide architectural, engineering, and construction professionals with BIM 3D architectural rendering, 3D visualization, 4d construction simulation, thermal analysis, and design development support services. Be it commercial architecture or residential architecture, every construction company is adopting the latest technology to plan and design construction projects in a seamless manner. Let’s have a look at the difference between architecture and construction.
What Are Architecture and Construction?
Now, many people come up with the question – “What is the difference between architecture and construction?” Well, there are differences between an architecture firm and a construction company. Architecture involves the technique as well as the building product for planning, design, and construction.
Local commercial architectural firms deliver the best architectural management solutions, implementing the latest BIM technologies. Construction encompasses the process of making a building infrastructure. Whether it’s a residential or commercial construction service, the architects are responsible for making the building design, so that the ultimate construction gets executed efficiently.
Point of Difference Between Architecture and Construction
Scope of Work of an Architectural Firm:
- The difference between architecture and construction could be easily made based on the scope of work. An architectural management company looks after every detail of the building project. The scope of work could be building renovation, modernization, home remodeling, kitchen renovation, etc. To take an instance, a residential architecture project may require repairing a kitchen or extending the back of the home for making adequate space for a sitting room or a breakfast corner.
- The project may seem nice at the very first glance. However, when you delve deep into the matter, you would find that several things are taken into consideration to execute the design-build process.
- In residential or commercial architecture, various things are considering like wainscot paneling on walls, power outlets, lighting, switches, and several other stuff. If companies providing architecture engineering services make a mistake at the preliminary design-build stage, the whole construction process would be incorrect. This could lead to the wastage of time and money in doing the rework. So, we can say that the foundation stone of a residential or commercial building lies in the hand of the architects.
- If the architectural planning and design of the building are made comprehensively and meticulously, the building structure would rest on a strong foundation. On the other hand, if someone appoints a local commercial architectural firm, who is not so competent in executing the design development and coordination work of the building, it could lead to a big disaster.
- A competent architectural firm having proficiency in all the latest technologies of Building Information Modeling could provide the best commercial construction service. It desires that a modern architect should be ready to work with all the 3D architectural rendering and 3D BIM modeling techniques.
- Implementing the latest technique at the pre-construction stage helps a construction company to avoid costly rework at the later stages. An architect must consider the space constraint, clashes amongst the various services involving in the construction process, and other aesthetic and maintenance issues.
- An architectural engineering service provider should have the prudence to evaluate a building structure through each phase of the design development process, including schematic, conceptual, detail designing, and construction documentation. It’s compulsory nowadays for an architect to be aware of the various Level of Detailing or LODs in BIM from 100 to 500. It is because if the building model is accurate, the construction would stand the test of time.
Scope of Work of a Construction Company:
- Construction would take place only when an architect completes his or her work and delivers the design to a construction company. So, the primary work of the building design rests with the architect, while a construction firm deals with the post-design stages in executing the final construction.
- A minor flaw by the architect in the building design process could hamper construction, leading to very expensive rework. Hence, we could say that a construction company is dependent on the architect or architecture engineering services. Construction would be successful only when the architect delivers a flawless building design.
- Whenever a construction company is collaborating with an architect, it should provide all the necessary inputs required for the building erection. If there is an error in the IFC drawing, the architect may be misguided, developing defective designs. So, the construction manager must provide detailed documents to an architectural company for getting an efficient drawing, coordinating all the architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing services.
- It may be a good idea for the construction company to use construction management software to estimate and manage its construction project costs and budget. This way, it can keep tabs on forecasts, the potential cost of supplies, help the company understand the impact of delays, and supply crucial details for seeing a project to its conclusion.
These are the fundamental differences between architecture and construction. Even if there are differences, they constitute an integrated part of the building development. To get the best residential and commercial construction service, consult Tejjy Inc. – one of the top architectural service providers in the USA at 202-465-4830 or email@example.com and add value to your property.