Traditional doors and windows slam automatically if not maintained properly, makes a sound if ungreased and many times become hollow after years of usage. Hence there came the need to have doors that are highly durable, water-resistant and can be operated manually/automatically as per the person’s requirement.
Thus, a retractable fly screen doors came into the picture. Retractable fly screens don’t block the view, protects the house from insects, operates horizontally and rolls up into a cassette when not in use. Their usage and application go much beyond the application of the normal door.
Though designed to add aesthetics to the house and interiors, their main objective is to give security against bugs and flies. Retractable screens also allow a gentle breeze to enter the premises and maintains the coolness inside.
Are you excited to know in which different forms does this system come?
Also Read: Doors : Not Only An Entrance To A Home
A Retractable Fly Screen Door in Horizontal Single Cassette System
Such fly screens are easily openable and can be closed whenever required. These fly screens have an optional brake which stops the screen from retracting instantly after letting it go.
A Retractable Fly Screen Doors in Horizontal Single Smooth Cassette System
The retractable fly screen of this type comes with a counterweight so that the door doesn’t slam automatically and remains open in any position as required. The weights don’t give any resistance to the functionality.
They are thus ideal for large openings, and the ease of opening and closing make them suitable for elders and small children. The doors can be slid effortlessly with much ease and are ideal for french doors and sliding glass doors having an extra-wide opening.
A Retractable Fly Screen Doors in Horizontal Double Cassette System
The functionality is the same as that of a single cassette system. The only difference, a cassette is attached on each side of the door and spring is also attached for assistance. Double cassette system is highly suitable for sliding doors, bi-folds, stacker doors, and patio enclosures. You can easily access the door at your convenience.
A Retractable Fly Screen Door in The Vertical Single Cassette System
The vertical system based fly screen doors is suitable for both windows as well as doors. It goes perfectly well for the wide doors and prevents having a bottom track on the floor.
A Pleated Screen
This screen is suitable where rough weather prevails. The nets offer high resistance and superior performance, even in the harsh atmosphere.
The flyscreen industry is getting innovative and creative in designing the doors, which can serve a maximum of the purpose. They are coming up with the new concepts in the fly screens. Here are how they add on to the gorgeous looking doors of the house.
- They keep the buzzing insects away and allows the cool breeze to pass through the room;
- They can be customized with discreet fittings to fit various sizes and shapes of cassettes depending on the width of the opening;
- The user is able to enjoy the view without any distraction irrespective of the bi-fold doors, single hinged doors and more;
- The cassette system and the multi-lock system prevents them from retracting instantly and also facilitates you to stop along with the opening of the door;
- Flyscreen doors are highly suitable for wide-opening doors;
- You do not have to drill the floors and the walls for installation, the chain glide provided is sufficient;
- Available in a pool of designs and colors, they look discreet and match any type of home design;
- Flyscreens fit almost every window type be it a casement, awning, single or double-hung, sliding and tilt windows;
- Flyscreens offer excellent mesh retention. The mesh doesn’t blow out of tracks in the windy-breezy conditions;
- They are suitable for both interior and exterior covering.
Whichever system type you choose for retractable fly screens, the parts work in accordance and with a soft closing mechanism. This system reduces the retraction speed facilitating a slow speed retraction functioning.
Also, the multi-lock system enables an easy and optional opening and closing of the fly screen. Thus we can say flyscreens are highly beneficial and also keep the unwanted pests away from the house. Flyscreens are durable and maintain the freshness inside the room for years after installation. We wish you have a pleasant experience using retractable flyscreen doors.